Thursday, 28 February 2013
Little loaves of coconut goodness.
No big intro needed for these sweet mini loaves. Carrots and raisins are nicely complimented with the toasted coconut. If you don't have toasted coconut on hand, don't fret. Spread out your coconut in a pan over medium heat, keep it moving with a wooden spoon, and soon it will be golden!
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup shredded, toasted coconut, divided
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp bran flakes
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup fancy molasses
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. In large bowl, stir together carrots, milk, molasses, butter, vanilla and egg. Add raisins and set aside.
2. In another bowl, combine flour, sugar, bran, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and stir just until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup of the coconut.
4. Spoon into lightly greased and floured mini loaf pans and top generously with remaining toasted coconut.
5. Bake in center of 375°F oven for about 22-24 minutes or until lightly golden and a toothpic inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.
6. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove to rack and let cool completely.