I love muffins. I mean, I really LOVE muffins. I make muffins ridiculously often. So naturally, I thought to share. That's right, I'm a giver lol. You may have already seen my blueberry banana muffin recipe. Well this one is just a tasty variation, good for any of you that aren't comfortable with shaking up a recipe when baking on your own. It's also pretty low fat :) and jammed with goodness.
Read the full post for the recipe and instructions.
Happy muffin making!
Berry Medley Muffins
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Splenda sweetener (you can use regular white sugar if need be)
- 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend (you can use regular brown sugar)
- 2 Tbsp bran (optional)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh blackberries, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
1. Lightly beat the egg in a bowl. Add raisins into the egg to allow them to plump up for a couple minutes while completing the other steps.
4. Incorporate wet ingredients into the dry. Do not over mix.
6. Bake in a 400F preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Great with or without butter. Would be awesome served with a little wedge of old white cheddar on the side. Yum!